An accredited supervisor has a responsibility to both the coach and mentor and to their clients. Their role is to support the coach or mentor to reflect on their own practice to help them assure they
are . . .
- working competently and professionally
- meeting the requirements of their relevant professional Codes of Practice or Ethical Codes and working within the law
- keeping themselves and their clients safe
- aware of their own personal and professional development needs and actively meeting them
- being appropriately challenged and supported to recognise and manage the personal issues that emerge within a coaching/mentoring relationship
- they have ongoing access to an experienced practitioner who can act as a sounding board and offer support, or help them identify other professional support, as appropriate